After logging in, this page will refresh and you will be able to click 'Take this Course' to start the video!
Please note, your logins to this site are not your GSID credientials.
Register for this course:
Step 1: Register for the site using the form below
Step 2: Wait for the page to reload
Step 3: Click the Take this Course button to enrol in the course
Already have access? Log In
This high level course gives leaders an understanding of what to expect from their team members, and how to best communicate ideas with their team, clients, and consultants in a BIM environment.
This class has been designed to help better inform those in leadership roles that aren’t using Archicad on a daily basis, but need to be able to communicate correctly with their team, clients, and consultants about what they should expect from a true BIM process.
Attendees will discover how a well-rounded BIM Strategy and understanding of Best Practices will support the continued success of their business. The course will conclude with some practical use-cases for principals to benefit from this process.
Why use BIM?
- Alignment to your business goals
- Architectural metrics
- MacLeamy Curve
- People + Process + Technology
- Benefits beyond the architectural firm
How to best implement BIM for long-term success?
- Point A to Point B
- Choosing the right project
- MacLeamy Curve
- Structuring the team
- BIM management
- Holistic systems
- Building a learning culture
- The dark side of implementation
Archicad BIM strategy and use cases
- Single Source of Data
- Accessing the model
- Programming and early design in Archicad
By the end of this course, attendees will understand:
- The business benefits of a mature BIM strategy
- The best practices for BIM implementation and long-term BIM success
- Where Archicad, BIMcloud and BIMx fit into a larger ecosystem of multiple stakeholders and software solutions
- Use cases where clients directly benefit from using software