After logging in, this page will refresh and you will be able to click 'Take this Course' to start the video!
Please note, your logins to this site are not your GSID credientials.
Register for this site
After registering for this site below, please wait for this page to reload and then choose the Take this Course button to get started!
This high-level course gives leaders an understanding of what to expect from their team members; and how to best communicate ideas with their team, clients, and consultants in a BIM environment.
This class has been designed to help better inform those in leadership roles that aren’t able to use Archicad on a daily basis, but need to be able to communicate correctly with their team, clients, and consultants about what they should expect from a true BIM process.
Attendees will be able to dive into Archicad and understand project navigation, basic measurements, and Teamwork. The remote learning course will conclude by exporting a BIMx file and become familiar with the basic fundamentals for easy presentations.
BIM Expectations (75m)
- What is BIM?
- What do you expect from BIM?
- What are my deliverables?
- How will this affect my workflow?
- What should I try to avoid?
- How do I work with consultants?
What is Archicad all about? (75m)
- Working with files
- Custom Work Environment just for me!
- Key components
- Using Teamwork
Let’s get visual! (30m)
- Using BIMx as a presentation tool
- Have a better understanding BIM benefits for the firm.
- What to avoid and how to make the BIM process work efficiently.
- Understand a simplified work environment for easy project navigation.
- Leveraging BIMx as a presentation tool.
- This course will explore tools and techniques using the current version of the software (earlier versions will not be demonstrated)
- Where this event is a Remote Learning (Live Webinar) Event: A recording of the session will be available to registrants for 30 days after the event
- Where this course is being undertaken On-Demand (through online video recordings): You will have 6 months’ access to the course materials.
- SSA Membership Discount: SSA Members use Coupon Code SSAPROMO to receive 20% off at Checkout
- Refunds: Please see our FAQs page.