After logging in, this page will refresh and you will be able to click 'Take this Course' to start the video!
Please note, your logins to this site are not your GSID credientials.
Register for this course:
Step 1: Register for the site using the form below
Step 2: Wait for the page to reload
Step 3: Click the Take this Course button to enrol in the course
Already have access? Log In
Get started with BIM and Archicad in this hands-on course
This interactive, hands-on training course introduces Archicad along with basic Building Information Modeling (BIM) techniques and collaboration concepts. At the conclusion of the course, attendees will have a working understanding of BIM basics and the skills needed for adopting a streamlined BIM workflow.
- Launching the Program
- Working with the Interface
- Selection Techniques
- Common Techniques
- Building the Model
- Working with Walls
- Archicad 3D
- Window and Door Tools
- Using Editing Tools
- Story Settings
- Trace Reference
- Magic Wand
- First Floor Slab
- Placing Columns
- Placing Beams
- Placing Objects
- Complex Profiles
- Second Story
- Section/Elevation Markers
- Library Management
- Keyboard Shortcuts
By the end of this course, attendees will understand:
- Basic 3D modeling techniques
- The basics of adopting a streamlined BIM workflow
- Different modes of collaboration across the AEC disciplines and to create document deliverables
- This course is presented in Archicad 23, and is also applicable to later versions of Archicad
- You must enter your AIA Membership number here in order to have the LUs correctly assigned to your AIA account
- You will have 6 months’ access to course content and materials
- SSA Membership Discount: SSA Members use Coupon Code SSAPROMO to receive 20% off at Checkout
- Refunds: Please see our FAQs page.
Before you begin, please download your files to access your Course Materials. What's included in the download:
- Archicad Intro Training PDF: This document provides an overview of the topics covered in this course
- Archicad Tips PDF: This document contains shortcuts and screenshots to help you become aqquainted with the Archicad Toolset
- Fundamentals23.ZIP: Double-click this folder to extract the Archicad 23 version of the files we will be using throughout this course.
- Fundamentals24.ZIP: Double-click this folder to extract the Archicad 24 version of the files we will be using throughout this course.
Simply double click on the downloaded ZIP folder to open the contents.