- This event has passed.
Delve into the complexities of Archicad’s Morph, Mesh and Object Tools to push the limits of your BIM projects.
In this online training session, we will explore the challenging concepts of Archicad, including a variety of uses for the Morph, and ways to ground your model with the use of the Mesh, or a combination of both. We will be using these tools to create more intricate 3D shapes, work with resulting objects, and create accurate site terrain for clean 2D drawings and sharp visual imagery.
We’ll also look at a variety of uses for the Morph tool, teach you how to work with the resulting objects, and show you how to use the Mesh tool to create accurate site terrain for clean 2D drawings and super sharp visual imagery.
- What is a Morph, and how is it used?
- Create a new Morph and simple Push/Pull
- Make Morphs in Plan/Section/Elevation or 3D as Line, Plane or Solid
- 3D Editing Plane use with the Morph
- Drawing on the Morph Planes
- Tube the Morph shape along a path and revolving curved shapes
- Softening the Morph corners and edges
- Modifying the Surfaces/Textures of the planes
- Making a raised panel and creating trim details
- Other Morph editing options with the Pet Palette
- Merging Morph pieces and Solid Element Operations
- Converting items to a Morph and saving Morphs as Objects
- Using the Morph for site features.
Mesh Tool – Landscaping and Terrain
- Create a new Mesh
- Adjust the top Surface of the Mesh
- Changing the Surfaces/Building Materials
- Adding Contour Lines
- Modifying the Plan View
- Using Surveyor’s 3D data
- Aligning a Mesh to a building
- Placing Foundation walls and cutting out a Basement
- Checking the Volume for Cut & Fill
- Existing vs. New Grade – Disturbed Area.
By the end of this session, attendees will know:
- How to take advantage of the Morph tool’s flexibility.
- What it takes to create detailed objects with the Morph tool.
- How to quickly and accurately model site terrain information.
- A variety of methods for adding features to the site that follow the mesh contours.
- This course is for those who have attended the Archicad Fundamental & Intermediate training course; or for veteran Archicad users who are looking to enhance their skills.
- This course will explore tools and techniques using the current version of the software (earlier versions will not be demonstrated)
- Where this event is a Remote Learning (Live Webinar) Event: A recording of the session will be available to registrants for 30 days after the event
- Where this course is being undertaken On-Demand (through online video recordings): You will have 90 days’ access to the course materials.
- SSA Membership Discount: SSA Members use Coupon Code SSAPROMO to receive 20% off at Checkout
- Refunds: Please see our FAQs page.