- This event has passed.
Discover Best Practices for Design Teams Using Archicad & Revit®
Architectural collaboration between Archicad users and Revit® users poses challenges different from traditional 2D CAD collaboration. As with most design process challenges, it is important to “Start with the end in mind.” Therefore, the course will start with a focus on reasonable expectations for architectural BIM collaboration workflows.
In small projects, it may be feasible to use one design tool. But the larger the project, the more stakeholders and disciplines are involved, so one tool becomes less likely to be the best for everyone, and interoperability workflows become essential.
Model Preparation & Basic Classification (60m)
- Settings Needing Alignment During Project Setup
- Overview of Classification & How It Works
- Model View Setup For IFC Export
Basic IFC Translator Setup (25m)
- IFC Export Process From Archicad
- IFC Import Process From Archicad
- Model Checking in Solibri
- Methods for Importing & Hotlinking IFC Files
- IFC Translation in Revit®
Other File Exchange (40m)
- Revit® Families
By the end of this session, attendees will know:
- Understand the content that is in an IFC Architectural and 2D format exchange.
- Expectations for data exchange of file types between Archicad and Revit®.
- Reasons to create subsets of the BIM IFC export to Revit®.
- Leveraging the strengths of each type of exchange to optimize the results.
- This course will explore tools and techniques using the current version of the software (earlier versions will not be demonstrated)
- Where this event is a Remote Learning (Live Webinar) Event: A recording of the session will be available to registrants for 30 days after the event
- Where this course is being undertaken On-Demand (through online video recordings): You will have 90 days' access to the course materials.
- SSA Membership Discount: SSA Members use Coupon Code SSAPROMO to receive 20% off at Checkout
- Refunds: Please see our FAQs page.