- This event has passed.
Using ARCHICAD’s MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) Modeler tool can help you and your project team significantly reduce risk and waste.
The MEP Modeler can improve design quality, point out clashes, and detect problem areas well before they become actual problems.
In this session, you’ll learn how to turn your 2D MEP drawings into 3D with ease. What’s more, you’ll learn how the entire team will benefit from improved collaboration and communication, as well as streamlined project delivery across building system design, fabrication, and installation. We will show you how an accurate understanding of how MEP systems work within a space speeds the entire design process.
- Library Management
- Work Environment Management
Attribute Setup – 15 minutes
- Creating custom surfaces / build materials
- Pen Management
- Layer Management
- Creating the MEP systems
Drawing – 60 minutes
- Placing mechanical systems
- Routing mechanical systems
- Placing plumbing systems
- Routing plumbing systems
- Placing equipment and in-line components
- Using hotlinks for repetitive systems
Documentation – 60 minutes
- Creating properties for detailed information
- Creating consistency between drawings
- Creating 3D riser diagrams
- Using labels to automatically pull information
- Creating schedules
- Graphic override management
External sources – 35 minutes
- Creating custom MEP elements
- Hotlinking in external models
- Bringing reviews markups from Bluebeam straight into ARCHICAD
- Viewing the model outside of ARCHICAD in Solibri Model Checker
- Get the program up and running, including setting up the needed systems.
- Set up favorites to quickly work on different systems.
- Start laying out the systems using the smart routing utility.
- Create your 3D isometrics straight from the model.
- Use external sources to review, check and coordinate projects.
- This course will explore tools and techniques using the current version of the software (earlier versions will not be demonstrated)
- A recording of the session will be made available to registrants for 30 days after the event
- Price: $450 per ticket / SSA Members use Coupon Code SSAPROMO to receive 20% off at Checkout
- Find out more about Online Courses on our Training FAQs page.
3 people are attending this event